Saturday, June 24, 2017

Day 9: June 24


Today we are saying goodbye to our friends here at Finca La Anita and traveling to El Horizontes.  We stopped at the grocery store, learned a little bit about pressing sugar cane and coffee plants, bought souvenirs and saw white faced Capuchin monkeys!  I am posting the blog early because we will be going to the beach to patrol for turtles.

WE LOVE OUR BUS DRIVER EDDIE.  HE HAS MADE OUR EXPERIENCE HERE SO WONDERFUL AND GONE OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE THINGS MORE ENJOYABLE FOR US.  ALL OF HIS ACTIONS COME STRAIGHT FROM HIS HEART.


I have asked all of the students to type in two sentences for this blog.  See if you can figure out which post belongs to your student:

1. I enjoyed seeing all the animals here. There were also a lot of bugs but it was a very enjoyable trip!

2. I enjoyed the horseback riding as well as zip lining. The food here was also delicious, especially dessert.

3.  I enjoyed all the hikes through the various areas of the forests. I also enjoyed being away from all the noise of the main road

4.  I liked horseback riding. it's pretty here and there's great food. there are two dogs here who love attention... this place is amazing.

5. I haven't died yet. I have enjoyed not dying greatly.

6. Despite all the bugs and large animals I haven't died yet either. However, the great views, delicious food, relaxing hikes and toucans made this a very enjoyable trip!

7. Today was a very busy day at first, which later turned into a relaxing one with a ride and a hike to the waterfall!

8. The food here is solid. I'm getting fancy desserts every night. My favorite thing has been the horseback riding even though I rode a mule who was very slow.

9. My favorite thing has been bonding with all the kids here, and playing with Bombay. I also have loved all the adventures we have gone on.

10. My favorite thing is learning and boots and epi pens and the dogs and despacito and dr. suess trees and EDDIE

11. There once was a farm called Anita / With food that was better than pizza  / The view was so good / I'd live there if I could / And we'll all be sad when we leave-a

12. Listen, if i hear despacito one (1) more time, I will leave Certain People in Houston myself. also i cant believe i had to be the bug killer

13.  The food, the cabins, and most of all the people here were amazing.  Tambien, me encantaba practicando mi espanol con las personas costarricenses.  (!)Todo era muy divertido!

14. We played "Despacito" on the bus more than 43 times. (written by Everybody)

Day 9: Google Picture Folder Link

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The monkey pictures are amazing! We hope that you had fun working with the turtles!
- Mike and Elena McFann